Jul 31, 2012

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Everyone has been coming out with BB creams lately! I'm excited that the drugstore brands are finally creating affordable versions for everyone. If you're like me, you probably had no idea what BB creams even were. After all the hype, I just had to try one. 

What does "BB" Mean?
The "BB" in  stands for "Blemish Balm", but I've also heard people say "Beauty Balm". 

What does it do?
BB cream is a multi-purpose skincare product. There are countless brands to choose from, and they all claim to do different tasks. For example, some claim to act as a foundation, concealer, primer, moisturizer, and sunblock all at once! 

After seeing that the Garnier and Maybelline versions were way to dark for my skin tone, I decided to try the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream! 


I really like the packaging on this. The squeeze tube allows you to easily control how much product you use. I didn't like, however, that it's not sealed at all in the store! 


This nozzle is great because it helps you get the perfect amount that you want out of the tube. Plus, It's more sanitary for than the average bottle or jar. especially if you are not using this for personal use.

Claims: 

4 Beautifying Actions in 1:
  • Primes to smooth skin's texture
  • Perfects to hide imperfections
  • Hydrates for all day moisture
  • Corrects skin for a healthy looking even complexion.
Instantly transforms to your perfect shade for a flawless bare skin finish. Over time, more beautiful skin. 

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/eau, ISODOECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS-POLYMER, BUYTLENE GLYCOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ISEICOSANE, BORON NITRIDE, CEYTAL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICOME, SODIUM CHLORIDE, POLYGLYGERYL-4 ISISTERATE, HEXYL LAURATE, ISOSTERYL NEOPENTANOATE, CAPYRYLYLGLYCOL, ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, TRIETHYL CITRATE, METHYLPARABEN, DIAZOLIDNYL UREA, ETHYL PARABEN, C9-15 FLUROLALCHOHOL, PHOSPHATE, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, MAY CONTAIN: C1 77891/ TITANIUM DIOXIDE, C1 77491, C1 77492, C1 77499/ IRON OXIDES, MICA 

*There are parabens, phosphates, and dimethicones in this product 


 "Discover our first Magic BB Cream with Beautifying Beads: encapsulated pigments infused in an ultra-light lotion with antioxidants Vitamin C and E" 


This is my skin before applying the BB Cream. I have lots of freckles :) 


This is after applying the BB cream. I feel like there isn't a huge difference. It doesn't impress me at all. Plus, I couldn't even use it on my entire face! It stung my eye area like crazy, and I need coverage in that area, so this would never work for me. (The product itself doesn't state to keep it out of the eyes, but I would if you're sensitive like me). 


See those little balls in the cream? That's what L'Oreal is calling "beautifying beads". They're supposed to adapt to your skin tone once you rub the cream in. 

Texture: 
I absolutely hate the feeling of this. It feels like rubbing sand on your face, and it's difficult to get each bead to blend in all the way. The best way to describe it is like you're using a facial scrub. I just don't like the grainy texture at all. The cream feels more like a runny lotion.  It's very unpleasant to me.

Likes:
  • packaging-the squeeze tube/ nozzle is great 
  • $8 for a full ounce of product
Dislikes:
  • doesn't give moisture
  • doesn't create a "flawless bare skin finish or  a "healthy looking, even complexion"
  • doesn't "smooth skins texture"
  • doesn't "hide imperfections"
  • made my skin feel dry 
  • wasn't my shade 
  • had a gross, grainy texture and the cream itself was runny 
  • only 4 shades are available, and fair is the lightest one
Overall:
I wouldn't ever repurchase this. It feels like I'm leaving on my apricot scrub, and it isn't even the right shade. It failed to give me any sort of coverage, moisture, smoothness, or an even complexion. The claims are just ridiculous.This was an all around disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥