Jul 8, 2012

My First QVC Purchase: Laura Geller's Ethereal Duo!

About a week ago, I found myself bored to death scrolling through my tv guide, and then I saw the title "Laura Geller Makeup". I had always wanted to try Laura Geller's Spackle and her baked blush, so I was ecstatic when I saw this duo for $40 on QVC. Both of these products alone are at least $40, so this was a great value. The more I watched, the more I was tempted to buy. That should be the QVC slogan!




This is the cute packaging! The name "Ethereal Duo" is due to the satin finish of the blush, that promises a natural flush. The primer in this duo is the newest edition of the Spackle family: Ethereal Spackle. It's an illuminating face primer that gives the face an "ethereal glow". 


What's Inside:


The Spackle actually is colorless, but in the tube it looks like it has a flesh tint to it. The blush is composed of two beautiful shades that can be used together, or separately. 

About the Blush:



The peachy shade is "Ethereal Rose" and the pinky shade on the right is "Subtle Orchid".  Laura Geller describes her blush as a "Sateen finish" which is comparable to a satin finish. It's very glowy, not shimmery. The texture is smooth, and not powdery at all. This is the perfect blush for people who want luminous color without shimmer. 





Swatches from left to right: Ethereal Rose and Subtle Orchid in natural light. As you can see from the swatches, this blush is perfect for giving a subtle glow. 

About the Spackle:


I've been dying to try Spackle for a while now, and I'm really excited that I get to try the newest edition of the line: Ethereal Spackle. This primer is to be used under makeup, and it promises to give a " brighter and extra-luminous" glow to the skin. I will also be posting a full review on this product after I use it enough. I'm having high expectations for this one, so I'm going to be wearing tomorrow on an all-day trip to Disneyland! 

Overall Thoughts:

The Blush:
I can't wait to see what this blush will do to brighten up my complexion. There are so many ways that I can pair these colors up on the cheeks! I'm not sure if I'm going to swirl the two colors together, or if I want to use them separately. I'll be doing a full review after I get to use it a couple of times! 

The Spackle:
I'm hoping that this primer will be able to make my makeup last all day, as well as provide me with a bright, luminous, glow to my face. I've heard so many great things about this product, and I hope that it will perform the way that I'm expecting it to. It's also one of the most expensive primers I've tried, and I hope that it doesn't turn out to be a waste of money.


If you're interested in trying this Laura Geller duo from QVC, just click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥