Aug 1, 2012

Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara

When I'm shopping for a new mascara at the drugstore, Revlon isn't the brand that usually comes to mind. I've never liked any of their mascaras in the past, but I decided to try this one anyway! 


I always like it when mascaras are packaged like this, so I can see the actual brush. Sometimes the illustrations on the packages aren't accurate. 


As you can see, the end of this wand is rounded, which is great for the inner lashes. I even like to use it for the bottom lashes. 

Claims:
" The exclusive reflective formula magnifies and multiples the look of your lashes, easily creating the appearance of bigger, bolder volume. The brush has a special lash-accentuating tip that reaches every last lash to provide dimension to the extreme."


Ingredients:

Price:
I bought mine for $8 at Target.

Formula: 
Not too dry, not too wet. It does get a little thick the longer you keep it. There is no separator in the tube, so sometimes the end gets excess mascara. There is no strong scent 

Wand Type: 
This is a long wand with extra long plastic bristles. I usually don't like plastic wands, but this one is amazing at coating each lash.


Here's a view from far away. You can see that the bristles are extra long, especially for a plastic-bristle wand. The ends do tend to get gooey, but I just wipe it away with a clean tissue. 


Here's a close-up of the wand. These bristles grab every lash, especially with the little ball at the end of the wand. That's what allows you to really get into the smaller hard-to get lashes. 


Before the mascara...


and after..!
I'm quite pleased with the length that this mascara gives. It did a great job at really coating every last lash, even the ones in the inner corner! I suggest only doing one to two coats, any more than that and it starts getting clumpy (as you can see from the outer corner of my lashes). 

Likes:
  • separates each lash
  • lengthens 
  • separates (as long as you only do a light coat)
  • the wand is perfect to reach every lash
  • makes lashes appear thicker 
Dislikes:
  • dries quickly
  • lashes feel super crunchy 
Overall:
This mascara is awesome for lengthening and separation! I've never seen a mascara at the drugstore with this type of wand before. The bristles on the wand allow you to reach and coat every lash, even the smaller, inner-corner lashes. It does make the lashes feel really crunchy once they dry, but It isn't a problem for me. It also makes the lashes thicker, which I like. I didn't get any volume or curl, but that's not what this mascara claims, so I wasn't expecting it.

Overall, this mascara is perfect for length, thickness, and separation. I would definitely repurchase this in the future! I've been using it every day since I bought it. I'm addicted! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing! I'll have to try it out... I'm sure you have, since you read nouveaucheap, but have you tried Jordana Best Lash Extreme?? That is my current HG product, and I feel like I never need to try another mascara again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've tried that one. It dried out on me really fast so I had to throw it away after a few uses. I think I'll give it another shot soon.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥