Aug 13, 2012

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick

I remember when this line of lipsticks first came out. I only bought one, just to try it out. Now I own six. I guess that's what happens when you really love a lipstick! 



Claims: "This moisture-infused lip essential reduces lip dryness by up to 65% for smoother lips and better colour. Developed with SPF 18 and a cutting edge Self Adapting Moisture Complex that features Hylaronic Acid, Collagen and Vitamins A, C and E to nourish lips, leaving them with a smoother surface for better colour application and wear."

Ingredients: The ingredients weren't listed on the packaging, but I did find them on the website cosdna.com.

There are 24 shades in the entire collection. I know that some shades have been discontinued, and have been replaced with new shades. I'm not sure if all of the colors I have are still available or not, but you can check on the Rimmel website. 


From left to right: Pink Chic, Rouge, Fancy, Berry Rose, Violet Pop, and Vintage Pink

I absolutely love the way these feel. They're so moisturizing, and the best part is that they don't bleed! Sometimes moisturizing lipsticks tend to slip all over the place, but these stay put. I think that's why I love them so much. It doesn't feel like you're actually wearing a lipstick. 

Pink Chic
Pink Chic is a medium toned, opaque pink. It has a semi-matte finish, but is still very hydrating. It isn't shimmery at all, the perfect "Barbie pink".

Rouge
Rouge is my favorite of the bunch. It's a blue based red with a semi matte finish. It doesn't slip at all, and for a hydrating lipstick, that's impressive. It's a great red for cool skin tones. 

Fancy
Fancy is possibly the ugliest color I've ever tried. It looks so pretty in the packaging, but once it's on.. it's a disaster. It has a nice peach tint to it, but overall it's a frosty nightmare! 

Berry Rose
Berry Rose is a pretty hot pink with subtle purple shimmer. I'm not usually a fan of shimmer lipsticks, but this one is nice and wearable. I think it would work for pretty much everyone. 

Violet Pop
Violet pop is a hot pink cream finish lipstick. This is also one of my favorites! It has a nice sheen to it, and still manages to stay in place. I love how bright and opaque this lipstick is. 

Vintage Pink
Vintage pink is a cool toned mauve-pink. It looks a bit bright in natural sunlight, but it really is more of a muted pink. This is the perfect lipstick for anyone who wants a light mauve lip. 

Likes: 
  • wide range of colors (there are currently 24)
  • gives me about 5 hours of wear (through eating, drinking, etc)
  • only $5 and available at drugstores
  • wide range of finishes
  • lightweight
  • very hydrating
  • spf 18
Dislikes:
  • has a weird taste and smell (it smells and tastes like sunblock)
Overall:
The formula of these lipsticks is so smooth, it feels like you are wearing a lip balm.  I enjoy them because they can last for hours and still feel comfortable.  I have yet to see such opaque lipsticks that feel so lightweight! Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks offer lasting color and hydration all in one, and at five dollars a piece, I think these are worth checking out at the drugstore. 

4 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥