Jun 23, 2013

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation

I'm not familiar with liquid to powder products, I guess that's why I was so compelled to give this stuff a try! L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder claims to give the skin a 'perfect bare skin finish'. Even though this is an interesting product for the drugstore, it left me unimpressed.

The bottle reads: Magic Nude Liquid Powder. Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup, Octinoxate SPF 18, Broad Spectrum SPF 18.

Claims: "Perfect, flawless complexion- minimizes appearance of imperfections. SPF 18"
Formula: The formula isn't exactly liquid to powder. It's really a liquid that doesn't set at all. A powder is needed. The consistency is very runny.
Finish: The finish is dry, it made certain parts of my face look very dry (please refer to my video review).
Coverage: The coverage is very light, it can be built up to almost medium if you play around with it, which isn't exactly practical for me.
Lasting Power: This started to melt off right after I applied it, it wouldn't last a minute without being set with some kind of powder.
Scent: This has a strong alcohol/sunscreen/baby powder scent.
Packaging: This bottle is made of glass that is frosted at the top. There is a twist off cap, and tons of product can be wasted when pouring, so be careful! 
Price/Availability: I paid $10+ at Harmon's in Bed Bath and Beyond.

Likes:
  • Color matches decently
  • Interesting idea for drugstore
Dislikes:
  • Coverage is too light
  • Scent is strong
  • Packaging is wasteful
  • Lasting power is horrible
  • Finish makes my skin look unflattering
  • Doesn't live up to claims
Overall:
I think that the idea L'Oreal had was nice, but the formula doesn't live up to it's claims at all and really needs improvement. This foundation never exactly set to a powder finish for me, even when I tried applying it with my fingers, which is the recommended way! I waited over 30 minutes for it to dry with each method that I used to apply it, and it  accentuated my pores. The lasting power is a joke, the scent is too strong, the coverage isn't enough, and the price just isn't worth the quality. It made my skin look awful, and my current foundation works perfectly fine. It was nice to try something new, but all in all Magic Nude Liquid Powder is definitely not magical. 

Please watch my video review to see how I applied it and what it looked like on my skin. I tried to use this foundation in multiple ways, fingers, sponges, and brushes, but none of them worked for me. I really didn't want to post a picture on here, because the results were just awful, haha! 



Have you tried this foundation yet? 

19 comments:

  1. Eeek! I've been dying to try this but it doesn't look good at all on your skin :( Do you have dry skin and have you tried applying it over a moisturizer? I think the Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation acts similarly; I applied it on my bf's face and it made his skin look just like yours - flakes everywhere and pores accentuated when those issues never existed before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the beginning of the video I mentioned that I had let my moisturizer soak in completely. I don't have dry skin at all, that's why I was so shocked that it made me look the way it did. It didn't really flake off, it melted off and just looked dry.

      Delete
  2. I saw this at Target and was drawn to the bottle, but decided to wait. Thanks for the thorough review! You saved me money and time :) It sounds like it would be bad on my skin, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, just remember for future reference you can return used makeup products at Target with your receipt! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the honest review babes. Loved ur blog . Been reading for the past1 hr. your love for red lippies is cool :)
    Following you.
    Do visit me if you're free :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously loving your blog at the moment you've been review all the products that I've been wondering about. I know this is a skip for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the whole thing just sounded odd to begin with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the name of the product is a bit much. lol

      Delete
  6. Your reviews are my favorites ! I will def not be buying this lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting, this product would've been very good it if worked the way it was meant to, that's too bad because I love more coverage too. Btw, you look amazing without make up! Your skin is so pretty with your natural freckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah too bad that it doesn't work! Oh you are too sweet, I definitely like my coverage though :3

      Delete
  8. What a shame that this product isn't as awesome as it seems, I was so excited about it! Glad I wasn't able to find it now, haha xx

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i was super intrigued about this!!!! so glad i read your review totally need more than light coverage lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. you should try applying with your fingers and see if it makes a difference. the directions actually say to use your fingers and not a brush or sponge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to be rude...but did you even read my post?

      Even in my video I stated that I tried using this foundation in many ways, INCLUDING fingers. It never set on me any way that I tried using it. I already went over this, and I know what the directions say. I even mentioned the directions in this review....lol.

      Delete
  11. I literally had this on my to buy list and now Im like....eh..... That sucks that it didn't work for you. Hopefully you saved your receipt. Dang, now Im so torn. Thank you so much for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥