Jun 20, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Collection

I finally found the Maybelline Baby Lips Electro collection! Baby Lips are my favorite drugstore lip balms. I have been using all six colors non stop these past few days. I absolutely love everything about this collection-let's get right to the details! 


There are six different shades to choose from in this collection. From left to right: Pink Shock, Fierce N Tangy, Berry Bomb, Oh Orange, Minty Sheer, and Strike a Rose.



Maybelline switched it up with this collection and made the tubes black with neon writing. I'm really loving this change, it's adorable!



The actual lip balms in the tubes are very bright looking. Only some colors appear to be that bright, I swatched every color on my lips in my video review.


From left to right: Berry Bomb, Minty Sheer, Strike a Rose, Fierce N Tangy, Pink Shock,  and Oh Orange. Berry Bomb is a sheer medium purple. Minty Sheer has a slight green tint but is  clear on the lips. Strike a Rose is a sheer coral-pink. Fierce N Tangy has a slight yellow tint but is also clear on the lips. Pink Shock is a sheer hot pink. Oh Orange is a sheer medium orange. All of these swatches are 2 swipes, except for Minty Sheer and Fierce N Tangy which are 3 swipes.

Claims: "Our exclusive formula moisturizes lips for a full 8 hours. Lips renewed in 1 week* (*Based on panelists’ self-evaluations)" I explain this more in detail in the video.
Finish/Texture: The finish of these is shiny and the texture is very smooth and silky. 
Lasting Power: The tinted colors last about 3 hours, but they leave behind a pretty stain which can extend the wear time by two hours or more.
Scent: Each Baby Lips has it's own unique scent, I explain this more in my video review.
Packaging: I love the black tubes! Baby Lips have twist up applicators with long caps. I love the long caps because they help me prevent scraping the lip balm when I'm in a hurry.
Price/Availability: I paid $3 each for these at Harmon's in Bed Bath and Beyond.


Likes:
  • Cute new packaging
  • Fun colors to choose from
  • Great scents, each has a different one
  • The color payoff is long lasting for a lip balm
  • Pigmented and clear options
  • Leaves lips feeling soft and supple
  • Lives up to claims
  • Inexpensive

Dislikes:
  • No sunscreen
  • You will need to reapply throughout the day for moisture

Overall:
This is my favorite Baby Lips collection by far! I'm not too sure if these are limited edition or not, but either way they are going to sell out fast. Baby Lips are a great option for someone who wants a pop of color in lip balm form. The formula isn't the most moisturizing in the world, but I feel that it lives up to the claims and leaves my lips feeling soft and supple. They smell great, the packaging is adorable, and last a decent amount of time. Some of the brighter colors will stain your lips, but it stains evenly and looks nice.

If you don't have a Harmon's beauty department near you, or if you don't feel like hunting them down like I did, you will have to wait until July for this collection to be at other drugstores. I asked Maybelline directly via Twitter, and that's what they told me, but they might pop up in some places towards the end of June. I also asked them if these are limited edition or not, but they haven't responded yet. I'll just say that if you want these, get them, because it's better to be safe than sorry! 

Each color is so pretty on the lips, but my favorite two are definitely Strike a Rose and Pink Shock. They are the most pigmented in the collection, and the two that I think will flatter everyone's skin tone.



Here's my video review, be sure to watch this if you want to see lip swatches and hear about the scents that each one has! I felt that describing these tings would be easier in a video. 

Do you plan on getting the Electro collection? Let me know your thoughts! 

43 comments:

  1. OMG, I want them so badly now *.*
    Great post Hollie, you really outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got one..but this one is not upto expectation.There is no SPF and sun protection.

      Delete
  2. wow they look great! im totally gonna get one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I never saw this post because now I want them! Especially the purple and coral/pinks!

    kfc

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are perfect.
    And I REALLY want those baby lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not really relevant to this post but i just want to say i've just found your blog and i love your reviews! i really appreciate that you list the pros and cons, so many beauty blogs are full of 90% favourable reviews with nothing negative to say about anything, your reviews make it a lot easier to make a decision on a product when you hear the good and the bad at the same time. keep up the great work! :)

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand exactly what you mean. I write my reviews the way that I would like to see how a product performs, and not everything is perfect. Sometimes it is, but what is perfect for me may not be for another, so I like to list cons as well.

      I'm so glad that you enjoy my blog! Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. omg... the collection is expanding? im just on my way to finish collect them. the original baby lips, color and glow (asian version). i bet this going to be here too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Oh I never heard of color and glow, that sounds like fun:)

      Delete
  7. Now I want them even more. I want all of them :) But I'll probably pick the orange and purple one first. Or maybe a pink xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all lovely, which ever ones you decide to pick you will probably be happy with!:)

      Delete
  8. the color are very pretty and it sounds yummy too!haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for this review! :) I'm gonna have to go out and buy a couple of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strike A Rose looks yummy and beautiful! I wished we have them here. Often time, they don't carry the same products that are available in the Western countries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, they seem really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I might pick up the pink ones. I loved the red version of the original, but they actually dried out my lips over time. I think I'm sensitive to SPF in lip products, so I'm glad these don't have any SPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good, the orange one screams out "buy me" xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, yay for finally tracking them down! :) Strike a Rose and Pink Shock are my favourites as well! I wonder if they will be released where I live - we're still stuck with the very first ones that were launched more than a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look so nice. I really wish they bring this collection to the UK.

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know some people already found these at some Rite Aids! :D Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these seem nicely pigemented! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. great review! can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. how much it coast?the violet looks very pretty:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look under the section labeled 'price' I stated that they are $3 each.
      :)

      Delete
  20. these are amazing. I only got two so far, but I may get a couple more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait until we get Baby Lips here in the UK. I'm so jealous of the makeup available in America! It's waaaay better and about half the price ;(

    Nicola:
    CurlandPearls | Bloglovin’
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. We don't have Harmons. I'd like to try "Strike a Rose". I love Baby Lips, but I don't love the colors so far.

    ReplyDelete
  23. waaaa! I just found out about them and POOF i looked in shoppers and walmart.. THEY DISAPPEARED! :C

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. baby lip is just superb no words..

    ReplyDelete
  27. now i want these so bad!!! Im addicted to cosmetics too, BTW im Megan. I WANT THE BABY LIPS ELECTRO COLLECTION!!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER THIS IS LIMITED EDITION OR NOT?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Baby Lips Electro colection is a limited edition

      Delete
  28. The yellow shade looks like a candy a lot! <3

    -Pauline @ Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  29. I live in The Netherlands and there they only have Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Mint Fresh, Hydrate and Intense Care. Now I have to buy them in America and that's pricey :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the two pink ones an I don't know which one to get. I'm getting one of them in a few weeks to go on vacation.im thinking about strike a rose but know you've got me confused on which one. Which one did you like better

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! I have the Berry Bomb and Strike a Rose and i love them, now that i saw your post I will get Oh Orange and Pink Shok since they look very cute.
    BTW I live in Chile and only paid 2 dollars for each one since in some drug stores are on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This has made me decide to buy berry bomb as it looks amazing because it's nothing like what I have in my make up bag. However i'm not too sure of minty sheer or fierce N tangy x thatfashionfreakmill.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. Total must buy item

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very informative post review. I am pleased to have come accross this article. I was eagerly looking for a post that give such information. Keep it up.
    I have some relevant information you can review below.
    Rejuvalash reviews
    Rejuvalash Eyelash growth serum

    ReplyDelete
  35. my wife love this lip balm, when she used it her lips has a little color on it a little bit pink, last a long time, she still have this until now since i purchased this.. she loves it... http://deadseaproductstore.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥