Jun 5, 2013

What's New at the Drugstore: Covergirl Products Summer 2013

If you can't already tell, I love drugstore makeup. When new collections release at the drugstore, I get crazy hyper. I'm that person who's constantly reading Nouveau Cheap for the latest 'spotted posts'. I'm always making never-ending shopping lists of the newest products, you get the idea. Today I'm announcing the beginning of a new series on Eating Lipstick, What's New at the Drugstore! 

I'm starting this series off with Covergirl, one of my least favorite brands at the drugstore. Even though CG products are hit or miss with me, I decided to buy quite a few of their new Summer items to try, I just can't help it!(:


The products above from left to right are: the Flamed Out Eyeshadow Pots in 330 Melted Caramel and 335 Scorching Cocoa, Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in 350 Melted Caramel, Lipslicks Lip Smoochie in #Luv U, and Flamed Out Mascara in Very Black.

 I skipped out on the new Whipped Foundation and the blush/bronzer duo, since all of the shades are too ark for my skintone. I've been playing around with all of these items since I bought them a few days ago, but I'm still testing them out and forming my opinion. So far I'm really liking the mascara and the Lip Smoochie!


Swatches from left to right: Shadow Pots in 335 Scorching Cocoa and 330 Melted Caramel, Shadow Pencil in 350 Melted Caramel, and Lip Smoochie in #Luv U

I made my first YouTube video today swatching these products! I think that this 'What's New at the Drugstore' series is going to be so much fun to both write, and talk about! I'm planning on doing one for Maybelline and Revlon soon as well, and L'Oreal once I start finding more of their new items! 



I can't wait to start making more videos.  Please let me know what you think of my first video! I would really like to hear feedback since I'm quite new at this. Trust me, it's nothing like blogging! My channel name is HollieEatsLipstick if you would like to take a look.

I will post individual reviews on each product soon!  

Review on Flamed Out Shadow Pots and Flamed Out Shadow Pencil here.
Review on the Flamed Out Mascara here.
Review on the Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balms here.

18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your video! Maybe next time you can snap a pic of the items that didn't make it to the register with you :) If you can be sneaky about it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea:) I always take pictures of everything new at the store anyway, and usually the people don't mind!

      Delete
  2. WIll you be doing a review on the mascara? That's the one I'm most interested from covergirl this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lip shade looks lovely and I really want some cream shadows for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Oh I should mention that these are actually powders. I thought they were creams from the name too.

      Delete
  4. these look gorgeous, it's so annoying that Covergirl isn't available in the UK! Subscribed to your Youtube channel going to go and check it out now :)

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I only have a few videos up, but I plan on making more:)

      Delete
  5. Awwww those Covergirl shadows look gorgeous quality! LOVE your video, can't wait to see more xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melted Caramel looks really pretty! I've been thinking of getting a shade similar to it (kind of like L'Oreal Amber Rush), even though slightly peachier bronzy shades usually don't look that great on me. I enjoyed the video, it was nice to see you in motion and speak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Amber Rush, it's sooo pretty! Omg shush, you look great in bronze shades. Thank you ♥

      Delete
  7. Love your shade picks. I think Max Factor has some similar products- I will definitely check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just subscribed! Can't wait to watch your video. :) Another fabulous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually really love the look of the eyeshadows! The two shades you choose are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ I always go for neutrals.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥