Jan 14, 2014

L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks

L'Oreal definitely isn't my first choice when it comes to lip products at the drugstore. For that reason, I wasn't expecting these new liquid lipsticks to blow my mind. I really didn't find them to be anything special, honestly they are more of a pigmented gloss to me, not a lipstick at all.


 There are 16 shades available, and I chose Ruby Opera (left) and Pink Tremolo (right).

Ruby Opera (bottom) Pink Tremolo (top)
Swatches are two swipes each.

Claims: "Transform lips from ordinary to extraordinary. Color is richer, lip surface is smoother and shine is magnified. Formulated with precious micro-oils and rich color pigments, Extraordinaire provides the ideal balance of color and care for perfect lips."
Pigmentation: These are extremely pigmented, that is the best thing about this product. It really does only take a little of this gloss to get full color on the lips. 
Finish/Texture: The finish is very shiny, like a gloss. The texture is smooth, but almost a little too slick. It did bleed out of my lip line a bit, and I usually don't have that problem.
Lasting Power: These only lasted 2-3 hours on my lips, and they did bleed.
Scent: OMG you guys, these smell SO STRONG. It's like a cherry/chemical smell. It's just so terrible, I hate it because it takes a while for it to fade away.
Packaging: I think the gold plastic is so tacky, the bottle is just ugly to me in general. The applicator is fuzzy and it grabs a lot of product, which I do like.
Price/Availability: I paid $10 each for these at CVS


Likes:
  • Great pigmentation
  • Nice applicator/easy to use
  • Variety of shades to choose from

Dislikes:
  • Awful scent
  • Expensive for the quality
  • Slippery texture/bleeds out of my lip line
  • Poor lasting power
  • I think the packaging is kinda tacky..


Overall:
If you're looking for something that feels and looks like a pigmented gloss, this is for you. I do like the pigmentation on these, but there are other things at the drugstore that do the same thing for me that are cheaper, such as the Maybelline Color Elixirs. 

I wouldn't say these are a liquid lipstick, especially since they feel and act more like a gloss. I wasn't a fan of the extremely shiny finish, or the super slick texture. The texture was almost gooey, it seemed to slip out of my lip line no matter what. The scent is almost unbearable for me, like I said it's a weird cherry/chemical scent that is just so unnatural. I also think that ten dollars (that's not even counting tax) is a bit much for the amount and quality of the product.

Overall, these just were not exciting to me.  I think they're nice to use over a lipstick, but that's about it. There are other things at the drugstore that are pretty much the same idea, but are cheaper and better quality. 

Have you tried the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks yet?
If you would like to see what these look like on my lips, please check out my video review on YouTube here.



 | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  



14 comments:

  1. Pink Tremolo looks so wonderfully creamy and intense - lovely! :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. they looks so nice, shame they are not available in UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a shame they bleed, if they didnt they would be my ideal everyday lip product

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought two of them, and trust me I don't like them at all. Sometimes I am okay with them, but I hate how they don't stay on for a long time. great review!

    www.drugstoredreamer.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen these everywhere, but nothing really screamed ''buy me!'' I've never been too impressed with L'Oreal lippies in general, so I never give them too much attention!
    Good review!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your swatches and honesty, but your reviews are always so harsh! Have you considered trying HE since there are a lot of items from the DS that you're not loving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I do try and own a lot of high end products. I just tend to review more drugstore on my blog. I do more HE reviews on my YouTube channel. These reviews are my experiences and opinions, I'm not saying that you have to agree with me. I take many things into consideration when reviewing a product, I'm not one of those people who just says they like things because they're new. I have always done positive and negative reviews on here, and I think both are equally important.

      Delete
  7. I love the look of Ruby Opera, such a shame that they bleed! x

    Abby | http://teenagelovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby Opera is such a stunning colour!

    xx
    jasmineglamez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swatched the tester of these and promptly left them behind. The packaging is ugly and to top it off they just seemed like they would bleed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think the packaging is ugly! Like for $10 I really would have expected something a little nicer! lol

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing this nice article.
    For Furniture Repair visit thesofastore,they give
    Sofa Refurbishing in Indiranagar,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a very useful blog,thank you for sharing this post with us,keep posting like useful blogs.
    For astorlogy service contact Shri Krishna Astro center,we have
    Vashikaran Astrologer in Hubli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥