Jan 26, 2014

The Lipstick Tag

Sleep and Water is one of my top favorite beauty blogs of all time! I was so excited when she decided to do the lipstick tag, and even more thrilled to see that she tagged me to do it too! Lipstick is my favorite beauty item, I love to talk about it, apply it, buy it, stare at it, take pictures of it...basically I am a lipstick hoarder. 

1. How many lipsticks do you own? 
Oh my goodness. I have way too many to count, I started counting and I reached 200 quickly.. Yes, I told you that I love lipsticks!!! That's not counting glosses, lip pencils, or lip balms either.. *insane laughter*

2. What was the first lipstick you owned? 
Well, I used to be obsessed with Lip Smackers when I was little.. I still have a bag full of them. Then I graduated to countless sparkly lip glosses, which I wore throughout my childhood. I bought my first lipstick when I was in my early teens.. it was like Angel from MAC or something. Then when high school started, I really started getting into red lipstick, Ruby Woo specifically. Red is still my favorite color to wear to this day, I just can't get enough of it! 

3. What is your favorite lipstick brand? 
I have so many favorites! MAC, Estee Lauder, YSL, Lime Crime, Revlon, Milani...
If I really had to only chose one brand it would be MAC. They always have something new that I want, as well as so many great classics. I love the variety and the shade selection that MAC has. 



4.What is your most worn lipstick? 
My most worn lipstick is MAC Ruby Woo. It's my favorite MAC lipstick of all time! Estee Lauder Scarlet Siren is a close second.

5. What is your favorite finish?
My favorite finish is cream! I love a good creamy lipstick that feels hydrating but it also pigmented. I really like matte finish lipsticks too.

6.What was the last lipstick you bought?
I recently went to IMATS LA and bought tons of lipsticks! Lime Crime, Ka Oir, NYX, Dose of Colors, and I also did some drugstore hauling and found a ton of new NYC lippies. I told you I have a lipstick buying problem. Haha! 

7.How many lip products do you currently have in your bag? 
I actually always clean out my makeup bag. I never like to leave any makeup in my purse. Everything in my collection has a place, but when I do go out I never leave without like four lipsticks and a gloss and of course my Lypsyl lip balm. 

8.What is your favorite red lip color? 
I can't pick just one... that would be the day! 




Here are some of my all time favorites from left to right: Estee Lauder Scarlet Siren, MAC Ruby Woo, Lime Crime Retrofuturist, Maybelline Vivids On Fire Red, NARS Future Red.

9.How do you store your lipsticks? 
I have two of the Alex Ikea drawers, I use one of them just to store my lipsticks! I also have a small lipstick container from Target that I keep on my vanity for my everyday choices.




10. Which lipstick are you currently lusting after? 
I really want to try a Tom Ford lipstick.  The shade that I'm lusting after is Cherry Lush, it's a gorgeous bright red. I need it.


I have never actually wrote or talked about my lipstick collection before, so that was a really fun post for me! I slowly want to start reviewing each brand of lipstick that I own, that's my ultimate goal of the year. Hopefully you all enjoyed this post! 

I tag Coco, Sara, Mateja, Adrienne, Angelica, and Sandra and of course anyone who feels like doing it! 



 | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  


30 comments:

  1. I just love lip products, I have way too much too. You can't have too much lip products, right? haha.
    By the way, where did you get those containers to store your brushes and lip balms?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are antique milk glass containers! I buy them at my local antique stores, and I've also received them as gifts over the years! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have apost on your storage. Love the opaque white glass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I do not! I will have to make one soon, thanks:)

      Delete
  3. Definitely want to do this tag! Love your choices for red lipsticks :)
    Erin
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just steal your Ikea drawers of MAC lipsticks? ;) You've definitely bumped up Ruby Woo on my MAC lipstick to-watch list ... must try it out/swatch it next time I'm at a MAC counter. 200+ lipsticks makes me feel slightly better about my number - though rest assured we both share the same lipstick problem! :p Thank you so much for doing this tag, loved reading it and looking at your pictures - and thanks for also mentioning me at the beginning :) Hopefully you manage to achieve your goal of making posts about your lipstick collections by brand this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an amazing collection! I don't own a MAC lipstick yet because they're SO expensive here in Australia ($36AUD)!!! It's ridiculous but I can't wait to own one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, my jealousy levels right now are sky-high!

    chloesthoughtts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your little top storage!! polkadella.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post and the fact you collect milk glass:) I have seen a dish peeking out before in one of your videos but your full storage of them is just lovely. I have 6 similar dishes to yours and put my make-up sponges and cotton pads in them but using the other dishes for lipbalms is sooo goooood:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even want to count how many I have, haha. It's not much compared to other b/vloggers, but it's still more than I can use.... AND I WANT MORE! I've filled up six glasses full of lip products.

    RIKKI
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your favourite reds selection! And your collection is so organized :) Thank you for the tag Holly. I actually did this exact tag way back when I just started blogging. I might do an update :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jealous of your collection lol I wish mine was as organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your makeup set up is pretty! I love all of those vintage white vase things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post :) your taste in lipsticks is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lipstick collections are my guilty pleasure to read and watch! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sneak peek of your collection! Just curious, are you going to do a make up collection video soon? I would love to see how you organize and store your make up since you have such a gorgeous style! I love your little cups with your Baby Lips and the bowl with EOS lipbalms. I also like how you put chapstick items in a lipstick holder. It's so colorful and pretty! I've never seen someone use a lipstick holder for chapstick. You've inspired me to pick one up for my Baby Lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I'm in love with your storage! Would you ever do a video or blogpost on your collection? I would be in heaven lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read your reviews of the different lipstick brands! I may have to do this tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Hollie!! I'm loving your blog and just started mine.. I just did the lipstick tag and was wondering if you'd mind taking a look at it? I would really appreciate if you do! xx

    heyitssyafiqaaah.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohmygod i LOVE all your lipsticks! How can you afford all that :o
    xx

    lifelikeluca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! I'm totally tagging myself to do this :) I've always loved lipstick, too, and I adore how you use milk glass as storage. Thanks for the introduction to another fun beauty blog, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. in love with Ruby Woo! Completely agree!


    http://thelondongirlview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello.. Loved this tag.. I have a blog (hiddenbeauty.blogspot.com) and I was wondering if anyone could check it out and tell me in the comments what they think about it! Thank so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice collection! :)
    chickflickcherry.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good to see this post , because today i planed to ask in comment on youtube how many lipstick you have :) hihihi
    And i'm lipstickkk crazy lover :)
    Love you girll!!i watch all your videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this lipstick tag! it is always fun to know about lipstick party :D btw I love your lipstick storage.

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
  26. its very interesting while reading it,thank you for posting such a good article.
    For Furniture Repair visit thesofastore,they give
    Sofa Refurbishing in Hosakerehalli,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥