Feb 15, 2014

Milani Lip Intense Liquid Lip Colors

If you have been keeping up with me on YouTube, you know that Milani has tons of new products out for 2014! I was thrilled when Milani decided to send me their full line of new makeup, but the Lip Intense Liquid Lip Colors definitely stood out to me the most. I started testing them right away, and after three weeks of constant use, let me tell you...


They are fabulous. 



There are 4 shades total: Pink Rave, Violet Addict, Fiery Coral, and Red Extreme.


The tubes are a bit peculiar, the shape is just odd to me, but it's what inside that counts! These lippies are full of silky pigment that glide on effortlessly!


Swatches from top to bottom: Pink Rave, Violet Addict, Red Extreme, and Fiery Coral.
Pink Rave is a bright medium pink, Violet Addict is a bright pinky- violet, Red Extreme is a bright, blue toned red, and Fiery Coral is a bright cool toned pinkish-coral.


Claims: "Satisfy your craving for shockingly intense, super-shiny,full lip color with Lip Intense Liquid Color. Lip Intense applies like a highshine gloss, but has the longevity and wear of a lipstick.  The sponge-tip applicator allows for a fast,easy, and precise application. Paraben-free."
Pigmentation: One swipe gives full color, a little goes a long way! I'm amazed at how pigmented these are, the swatches show it all.
Finish/Texture: The finish on these reminds me of satin. It's not exactly matte, but it does have a hint of shine. The texture is very creamy, like a NYX matte lip cream but silkier.
Lasting Power:  I had 4-5 hours of wear on these before I needed a touch up. They do stain the lips, but not in a pretty way, expect to reapply these throughout the day.
Scent: These have a strong Cheesecake scent to them. I know that's really specific, but every time I smell these it just reminds me of cheesecake frosting. Haha!
Packaging: Like I said before, I don't think the packaging is pretty. I like the bright colors, but the shape is just outdated to me. 
Price/Availability: I didn't buy these personally, Milani sent me them in consideration for review. The only place I have spotted these right now is at  Walgreens for $6.50.

Likes:
  • Great pigmentation
  • Bright, stunning colors
  • Creamy texture
  • Satin finish
  • Inexpensive

Dislikes:
  • Scent is ok, it does fade quickly
  • Lasting power isn't the best, touch ups needed
  • The packaging is a bit tacky

Overall:
I would definitely call these a lip cream, it's like a cross between a creamy lipstick and a gloss. I'm so impressed by the light, silky texture, and the intense color that these have! 

Although I'm over the moon about these lip creams, I must say that they don't have the best longevity. They claim to last 'like a lipstick', but I only had 4-5 hours of wear before these faded badly. They leave behind a funky stain, the ring-around-the-mouth kind, so reapplying is key. It's not surprising, since the texture is so light and silky.

If you're looking for something bright and unique, these are for you!  I already want more shades to choose from! Will you be trying the new Milani Lip Intense Lip Colors?



 | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  



20 comments:

  1. I love that coral and pink. Such pretty colors.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost picked these up at cvs today, but decided to pass since i'm not that comfortable wearing bright colors yet. the tubes remind me of the old urban decay pocket rocket lipglosses!
    http://allthingsmoexo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see you do a lipstick collection video! Or a lip product video. Even a series. Also the perfect palette tag! Love your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY want to try these! I've only seen one lipgloss, one shade of the new lipgloss, in the Milani section. I hope my CVS will get more soon.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER, MAKEUP!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooooow it looks great it´s pitty that we don´t have this brand :( I would like to try some products...
    *H
    DH empire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that purple shade looks amazing. Thanks for the review I have been curious about these.

    Loevens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they look amazing!!! Too bad that Milani isn't available here in Italy -.-'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the colour selection & they look so vibrant & pigmented. Very pretty
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy shee-it that purple cream looks amazing! The purple obsessive fiend inside of me will definitely be picking that one up. I'm liking the coral-ish shade 03..thanks for sharing!!

    k.f.c. =P
    http://kfclovesyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look stunning, I wish Milani was available in Australia since I'm so obsessed with lip cremes at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the violet addiction shade! I might have to check these out soon!! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, these new Milani liquid lipsticks are looking awsome. I must purchase them myself. I will take a look if they have them at my Walgreens store.
    Hugs!
    Rally
    Rally's Beauty Highway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so nice, but too bad it's not long lasting :/

    www.lacy-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so creamy, vibrant and pigmented. I think I like the look of Violet Addict and Fiery Coral the best. Cheesecake frosting scent also doesn't hurt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those liquid lip colors look amazing! I love heavily pigmented lipsticks/lipglosses so I'm dying to try these out! I want the Red Extreme! <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these look amazing! might order a couple even if the lasting power isn't great!

    btw, I completed the lipstick tag and linked your blog, hope that's ok! really enjoyed reading it and participating in it! :)

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so beautiful. Reminds me of Guerlain L'Extraits :) Thanks for sharing these, love! I'll be sure to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow they look so pretty..thanks for crystal clear swatches :-)

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hii your blog is looking good.Thanks for sharing this information and keep posting.
    For better sofa renovation contact thesofastore gives best
    Sofa Refurbishing in HAL,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥